April 12, 2012 by theoghartiens
Day four has been absolutely SO MUCH BETTER than the first three days. Thank goodness! I’ve spent a lot of time today thinking about my goals for the next several days and reading as much as I possible can. Which brings me to the reason for this post – raw food websites.
Have you done any research for recipes online? I love having recipe books, but I am the kind of person who will pick up my phone and do a quick search for recipes based on what I have in my kitchen. I have discovered many awesome recipes and websites this way! My favorite websites are those that are easy to navigate and have beautiful pictures and/or videos. I have found so many helpful hints and new information (see my previous post about raw nuts), so I thought I would share! Here are the top five websites I have found in my recent intarwebz experience. (Disclaimer: I have only just begun, please share your amazing websites here!)
Top five favorite recipe websites (in no particular order):
1) Super Salads and More – Ohhhhh, man. This was tough to look at today, I’ll admit. I’m on the liquid cleanse right now, but I sacrifice my sanity to bring you AMAZING salads! My favorite part of this website is the dehydrated food recipes. So far I’ve made the fruit leather and chocolate kale chips. Both were aweeesome. I have found that dehydrated crackers make my life worth living, lol! I discovered raw flax crackers last week, and ate them daily with a quick avocado “mash” (avocado, lemon juice, garlic powder and salt). A dehydrator will definitely give you another level of “raw” foods to enjoy. Worth a quick browse to see if there’s something you like!
2) A Gluten-Free mom who “knows” – Here are useful recipes for people who want to maintain a high raw lifestyle, but may not want to stay totally raw. I particularly enjoyed her blog about aiding your body during detox symptoms, which you can find here. After reading through her suggestions, I went out and bought some epsom salt the very next day!
3) Austinite Linda Wagner’s blog – Many of you have heard Linda’s name already – she is part of the Wellness Warrior team – but if you haven’t checked out her website, you should! I have been using this website for a couple of months now and have found sooo many awesome recipes. The blended corn chowder was the very first raw soup I made using my Vitamix. Delicious!
4) We like it raw – OMG. My new favorite website. Maybe it’s because I’m dying to eat a raw meal, but I found these recipes so awesome!
5) Healthy blender recipes – The raw strawberry and cream smoothie is a favorite in my house. Another great resource for recipes! The Raw Vegan Creamy “Pistachio Ice Cream” Kale Shake is next on my list to try!
So there you have it! My top five favorite websites for the day. If you’ve got incredible sites to share, please share in the comments below!
As an added bonus, check out:
Videos: Dan the man with the master plan! Raw foodie to the extreme! Lol! Do you want to get pumped about juice? I know it’s not technically a “website” – but I happened upon these videos and found myself anxious to get to my juicer! Dan has an amazing energy and sense of urgency about him. He wants you to GET ON THE JUICE!! Lol…seriously though, check out some of his videos, you won’t be sorry (if nothing else, you’ll get a good laugh).
Videos: The YouTube channel for Rawfully Organic – ❤ ❤ ❤ If you live in the Houston area, you have GOT to look this lady up and get into the co-op ASAP! I mean, she who creates raw lasagna must be a genius, right??? And did I want to eat it? Well yeah, of course! Video for raw lasagna here.
Videos: The Krazy Kracker Lady shows you how to make delicious raw crackers. My favorite!
I hope you found this post helpful and informative! I don’t get to spend a TON of time online during the day, but I have enjoyed taking time during the day to watch these (what I call) inspiring videos. I am planning for next week and warming up my dehydrator! 🙂
Happy feasting –
(p.s. I’m feeling the cleansing high now, can you tell??!)